There is more than one way to manage your financial matters in today’s time. Using personal finance software is one of the best ways to do so. Quicken is one of the top names that come to mind. In this article, we are going to discuss Quicken. Just like every other finance software, Quicken to has many different versions. For beginner level, there is a basic version available that is proved to be more than sufficient. It will help you keep track of your daily work from balancing your checkbook to paying your bills online.
Being unable to open Quicken after update:
The latest update of Quicken has been known to have some issues and if you are one of those facing this, then this article is for you. If you are facing problems while trying to open Quicken after you have updated it to its latest version, it might be possible that there was an issue with the primary installation which is causing this. On the other hand, if you are being able to access Quicken but not get access to your files then maybe the issue is signing in with your Quicken ID. Quicken is a very secure way of accessing your financial records and thus, you need to log in with your personal Quicken ID in order for you to access it. If you have forgotten your ID and password, then you need to do this:
- Go to the Quicken log in page and then click on the “I forgot my password “section.
- Then you need to enter your Quicken ID and click on "submit"
- After that, you need to put a 6 digit code and put in a new password and this time write it down somewhere so you don’t forget it.
Try opening it in silent mode:
If that is not the issue and you still can’t access it then try to access Quicken in silent mode. When you do this, Quicken will open the program without your data files. Follow these steps to do that:
- At first, you need to hold the “ctrl” and “shift” key on your keyboard together and then go to the Quicken icon and double click on it. This should allow Quicken to open a blank screen.
- When this happens, you can understand that the problem is within the data file which isobstructing Quicken from accessing. You need to restore a backup file for that.
- After this is done, you can validate the data. To do so, go to the file section and then click on file operations. There, click on the “validate and repair” option, validate and then click ok. Call us our Quicken Technical Support service for resolve these problem.