Eliminating the hurdles of the traditional check writing, printing, and dispatching etc, Quicken has played a vital role in enhancing the of convenience and luxury of accounting. Quicken has proven to be one of the first and leading check printing applications. Though, many of the finance or accounting experts may consider this software as quite basic, it fulfills all the requirements of accounting and is one of the most desirable accounting software. For the experienced users, its features and functionalities are certainly quite handy. However, the new users may often find it a bit complex initially. And, if you are new to it, you may not be well familiar with how to use the check printing features on QuickBooks. If so, you can, here, learn how to print check in Quicken.
There are several versions of QuickBooks; however, the steps to check printing are very much similar in all the versions. Here are the simple stages to print check in Quicken:
- Enter the Transaction
Before you print the check, you are required to enter the transaction. For this you can follow the below steps-
- Click Ctrl+W on your computer keyboard.
- Choose the account you want for writing the check.
- Enter the name of the payee on the line of ‘Pay to the order of’.
- Enter the amount on the line specified for the same.
- You can then enter the address and add to ‘QuickFill’ list. Also, you can select category by using the ‘Split’ button. However, the address and category are optional and you needn’t necessarily fill it. Also, you can add additional information on the ‘Memo’ line.
- You can then save by clicking ‘Record Check’.
- Printing Check after Entering the Transaction
- Click ‘Print’ in the ‘Write Check’ window. This will lead you to the checks you want to print.
- Insert the checks in the printer.
- Find the field of ‘First Check Number’ and ensure that the number here exactly matches the number on the check.
- In case you have several checks to print, you can find using the finding options like ‘All Checks’, ‘Checks Dated Through’, and ‘Selected Checks’ etc.
- Click ‘Choose’ and then click ‘Done’.
- Click ‘OK’ to print the checks.
- Click ‘OK’ in the ‘Did Checks Print OK?’ window. If the checks have been printed as per your requirement, click ‘OK’, and if not; enter the incorrectly printed check number and then once again click ‘OK’.
This completes the check printing process. This is not all difficulty. However, you can contact the Quicken Contact Phone Number in case you are unable to check prints.